HRSD or Hampton Roads Sanitation District owes its creation to sewage problem that lead to a public referendum in order to remove it from the Commonwealth of Virginia in 1941 to serve the residence of Hampton Roads area. The company is tasked with providing clean water to drink and sanitation services. It handles a combined water capacity of 249 million gallons in a day. At the moment its serving a population of 1.6 million in the 17 counties and cities surrounding the area.
How to Pay the Bill
Hampton Roads Sanitation Bill Pay offers five convenient ways for their customers to make their monthly water bill payment on time. Some of them are more faster than others so its good to inquire from the customer service before choosing to avoid disconnections due to late payment.
- Pay online: Customers can make Hampton Roads Sanitation Bill Pay through https://service.hrsd.com/SelfService/SSvcController/login which does attract any extra charges but takes two days for it to be processed. Below use the login page shown to login into the service.
Therefore those customers that have a short notice on their due date should not opt for this method. Since this delay may lead to service disconnection and a reconnection fee will be charged to have the service reconnected. If you have not registered for the service you can register as shown below.
- Pay by mail: Customers may also opt for this method but it takes much longer to be processed. Those that have a short notice so not opt for this service too. To pay through this method customers should send their payment in the form of personal checks or money order to the address below:
Po Box 1651
Norfolk, VA 23501-1651
- Pay Using a third-party provider: Customers can also use third party contracted dealers to pay their bill. This are companies such as CheckFree, Metavante and Avista that offer payment processing accepeted by Hampton Roads Sanitation District.
- By Phone: Customers can make Hampton Roads Sanitation Bill Pay via phone through 1-800-272-9829. The payment mode accepted through this method is by using Credit and debit card. There is a service fee charged when you use this method. The jurisdiction code when using credit card is 1078.
- Pay by cash or personal check: This method is used when customers want to pay in person which can be done in the various payment location that can be found in their official website.