East Bay Municipal Utility District (EBMUD), established in 1923, provides water services to 1.3 million customers. The water service areas span a wide area in Alameda and Contra Costa, north and south of Crockett and San Leandro respectively. The wastewater service area extends from Richmond to San Leandro. It serves both residential and commercial customers.
The municipal’s customers have several payment options which serve to make bill payments easy and convenient. The East Bay Municipal Utility District Bill Pay options include online and over-the-phone payments by credit/debit card or e-Check, automatic debit, at pay stations and at drop box locations.
Pay online: in order to make online payments, you are required to first of all register for online access and log in to your account.
- To create an online account, click on ‘register’
- Provide your account number, full name, and an email address then, choose a username and password of your choice.
- Once you have completed your registration, use your login credentials to access your online account.
- Select the payment mode you wish to use and enter your payment information. If you are using a credit/debit card, you will need to provide your card number and name. Specify the amount to pay and the date of payment.
- Confirm and submit your payment, then allow time for it to be processed.
Pay by phone: to pay your utility bill by phone, call 1-800-690-4798 and provide your account number and payment details.
Pay by mail: you can also mail your East Bay Municipal Utility District Bill Pay to the following mailing address:
P.O. Box 1000
Oakland, CA 94649-0001
Automatic debit: if you sign up for this service, your bill will be automatically deducted from your bank account on a specified date such that you don’t need to worry about making payments yourself every month. You can download the application forms through www.directpaymentplan.com.
Pay stations and drop boxes: if you wish to pay your bill in person, you can visit authorized pay stations and pay your bill with money order, or debit card. You can also drop your payment at drop boxes in various locations. Information about the pay stations or drop boxes near, you can be found on their official website www.ebmud.com.