Des Moines operates independently in the Des Moines area, providing clean, safe and reliable supply of water fit for drinking to about 500,000 people. The company is considered the largest utility in Iowa and is a recognized industry leader. With the core values of service, stewardship and responsibility, Des Moines water works are committed to promoting public health by providing sufficient, quality water. Aside from providing quality water to the residents, the company runs a voluntary program to assist low-income households.
There are several Des Moines Water Works Bill Pay options available to the customers to make bill payment easier. These options include online payments, payment by phone, at pay stations, at the Des Moines general office, by mail and direct pay.
Pay online: you make an online payment with an electronic check, credit card, recurring credit card, and direct pay. These modes of payment are available at no additional cost, except credit card payments which are charged an extra $2.00 convenience fee per transaction. To use this service, you must first log into your online account.
- To log in visit https://secure2.dmww.com/Login.aspx
- Fill in your username and password
- Click on ‘log in’
- If you’ve not registered for online access, do so by clicking on ‘register now’
- Fill in your account number and registration key, and email address. Set a username and password for your account as well and continue to the next step. Once you are through with registration, an email will sent to the address you provided.
- Check your mail and follow instruction provided to complete the registration process.
- Once logged in, you can make edits in your account details, view your usage history, manage your account profile and pay your bill.
- Select your mode of payment and provide your payment information then submit your payment.
Pay by phone: call 515.283.8700 to make your payment over the phone. If you use your credit card to pay, a $2.00 convenience fee will be charged.
Pay at the pay stations: present your billing statement and payment at an authorized pay station. If, however, your service is due for termination, you will be required to pay at the Des Moines Water Works office.
Walk-in payments: visit the Des Moines water works general office at 2201 George Flagg Parkway, Des Moines and make your payment for free.
Pay by mail: send your payment to PO Box 9227, Des Moines, Iowa 50306-9227
Direct pay: this is an automated payment system that allows your monthly bill to be automatically deducted from your checking or savings account ten days after the billing date. You can sign up for this service by downloading the direct pay sign-up form, filling it then returning it or register for the service online by first logging into your account.