Chattanooga gas, first established in the late 1800s, is a gas company, providing retail natural gas services including sales and transportation services to about 60,000 customers residing in Bradley and Hamilton counties of southeast Tennessee. It is a subsidiary of the Atlanta-based AGL resources and its customers include communities in Lookout Mountain, Cleveland, Chattanooga, Redbank, Signal Mountain and East Ridge.
Customers are provided with several Chattanooga gas bill pay options which include paying online, by phone, by mail, in person at the various payment locations or by setting up automatic payments. Gift payments are also available. Customers can also use the budget payment plan such that they can pay the same amount every month.
Pay online: residential customers can pay their bill from their checking account or use a credit card or debit card for free at the Chattanooga gas website. To use the online bill payment service:
- Visit https://csp.aglr.com/MyAccount/User/Login?LDC=1
- Enter your user id and password to login to ‘My Account’
- If you are new to ‘My Account’ click on the ‘register’ link, enter your personal information, set a user ID, password and security question, then agree and accept the terms and conditions.
- Once logged in to ‘My Account’, select your mode of payment
- Enter your payment information as required and submit your payment. If you are paying from your bank account, ensure you provide the routing number of your bank and your account number correctly. You can also schedule a payment to take place up to 30 days later.
Pay by phone: Call 866.448.8557 to talk to a customer service representative or follow the prompts to pay your bill using a credit/debit card or an electronic check. You may be charged a convenience fee for using the service.
Pay in person: Pay your bill at any of the Chattanooga gas authorized payment locations. Find a location near from the Chattanooga website by visiting http://www.chattanoogagas.com/residential/pay-your-bill/payment-locations
Pay by mail: Send your payment (check) together with the payment stub to Chattanooga using the return envelope provided. If you don’t have the return envelope, mail your bill payment to:
P.O. Box 59004
Knoxville, TN 37950-9004
Pay by bank draft: This Chattanooga gas bill pay service lets you pay your bill through automatic monthly deductions from your checking or savings account on the due date for free. To use the service, sign in to ‘My Account’ and under the payment options, sign in for the auto draft plan.
Pay by text: This service is provided with western union SpeedPay and allows you to pay your bill by simply pressing a button on your phone. Sign up at the western union SpeedPay system, https://paynow7.speedpay.com/AGLResources/index.asp, and provide your cell phone number and payment information. Five days before your bill is due, you’ll receive a text alert. Reply with Yes CG to pay your bill.
Gift payment: Download the gift payment form and fill it out or call 1-866-643-4168 to get started.