The Asheville water department serves the residents of the city of Ashville by supplying them with water. Through ashvillenc.gov, Ashville water customers have access to information and services conveniently. These include reports on various issues, e-billing and alerts. They can also view their bills and make payments online from anywhere and at any time.
There are several Asheville water bill pay options available to the residents such as online payments, payments by mail or in person, automatic drafts or in person.
Pay by mail: Include your payment in the convertible envelope that comes with your bill or your own envelope and send it to:
The City of Asheville,
Customer Services Division,
P.O. Box 733, Asheville, NC 28802.
If you choose to use this payment method, make sure you allow a good number of days for the payment to be delivered and processed.
Automatic draft: registering for automatic bank drafts allows you to schedule payments to be made automatically at a specified date such that you don’t have to worry about forgetting to make your payment. The amount on the bill will be deducted from your checking account so you need to provide your checking account details and specify the date on which the payment is to be drafted. To sign up for this payment option, fill the authorization form available at http://www.ashevillenc.gov/Departments/Water/PaymentInformation.aspx . Simply click on the Authorization form link under the automatic draft section.
In person or at the drop box: payments can also be made in person at the Ashville city hall, customer services division on 70 court plaza or at the drop box at City of Asheville Public Works Building parking lot at 161 S. Charlotte St.
Pay online: you can use this Asheville water bill pay option using the self service payments system.
- Visit https://selfservice.ashevillenc.gov/MSS/citizens/default.aspx
- click on the ‘citizen self-service’ link
- click on ‘utility billing’
- To access the services available through the system, you will need to provide your Ashville account number and customer ID (digits to the left on your account number after the dash). Once you have signed in, fill in the details required to make your payment. You will also need to provide your bank account number, the bank’s routing information.
- Submit your payment and wait for it to be processed.